The countdown is on here in the office for the 2014 Leadership Luncheon, which is next Friday. More than 500 people are expected to attend the Luncheon – far more than we initially expected. Thank you for your enthusiasm!
During the luncheon hour, we’ll honor some of the early supporters of early learning in our state, as well as celebrate Washington’s national leadership in the field. And our new CEO, Sam Whiting, will share more about Thrive’s vision of every child in Washington state ready to succeed in school and in life.
If you need to donate and leave right away, we’ll understand, but we hope you’ll stay for our post-luncheon panel.
There’s a lot of talk these days about pre-K – from the federal level all the way to municipalities like the city of Seattle. But we can’t forget about the first three years, which are rich in learning and development and key to the success of any pre-K opportunities. Parents and caregivers can benefit during this time from services and resources that support them as their children’s first and most important teachers.
Please join us for:
Birth to Age 3: Big Efforts for Our Smallest Learners
1:30 to 2:30 p.m. | The Westin Seattle | Crescent Room
Panel moderator Kelli Bohanon, deputy director of Child Care Aware of Washington, and panelists Magan Cromar, King County Developmental Disabilities Division; Shelley Means, Native American Women’s Dialog on Infant Mortality; MerrieLynn Rice, Tacoma-Pierce County Health District; and Paula Steinke, Child Care Resources will explore with the audience:
- How do agencies and organizations engage with family, friend and neighbor networks of caregivers?
- What are some models that the Native community are implementing to support families and children birth to 3?
- What does the birth-to-3 experience look like for tribal or rural communities?
- Is home visiting something that can be expanded and offered at high quality to more families?
- How can we ensure access to early intervention services?
Registration for the panel is not required, and admission is free with the purchase of your luncheon ticket. If you haven’t yet purchased your luncheon ticket, now is the time!
Hope to see you next week!